How to Drive Conversions on Social Media

Social media has grown to be a powerful tool in our marketing arsenal. With the ever-increasing popularity of social media platforms, small businesses are now able to reach a significantly bigger audience via these channels. Social Media is often seen as a way to brand your business or promote its services, but did you know that it can actually bring you real conversions if properly strategized?

 

What is a conversion?

A conversion is simply your end user doing something you want them to do. When it relates back to social media, someone did what you wanted them to do after seeing a social media post or your social media profile.

Some examples of conversions are:

  • Signing up for your newsletter
  • Making a purchase
  • Downloading your book
  • Filling out a form
  • Scheduling a meeting
  • Calling you
  • Visiting your website
  • Sending you an email

 

How to drive conversions on social media

While social media can get your business out in front of people, that doesn’t mean they have to convert. So how do you drive these conversions?

1- Have a strategy

If your social media strategy is non-existent, this is an easy way to get the conversions you’ve been looking for. Creating content without a purpose may make it unclear for your audience to know what it is they should do with that piece of content. Having a strategy will give them direction. While not every post may have the direct purpose of converting, in the long run, a consistent social media strategy will lead to more conversions.

2- Expand your reach

It sounds simple, but being on more than one social media platform can increase your conversion rates. If you think you only need to have a Facebook page, you are missing out on billions of eyes. Yes, billions. According to Statista, there will be an estimated 4.12 billion people on different social media platforms, not just Facebook. Get your brand out there by creating accounts on multiple platforms.

3- Ask for the sale

Too many people think they shouldn’t ask for a sale on social media. That it should only be a place for organic, trust building content. However, that’s not true. Yes, you shouldn’t be trying to sell something to someone every single post, that’s how you’ll get lower conversion rates and lose followers. However, if you utilize the 80/20 rule, you could increase your conversions.

80% of your content should be value based. It should solely entertain or educate someone. The other 20% should be self promotion and asking for the sale.

4- Utilize user generated content

People need social proof that your business is legit. The easiest way to do that is by utilizing user generated-content. Content created by real customers will always help with social proof. 88% of people specifically look for photos and videos provided by real consumers before making a purchase. So, if the conversion you are looking for is making a purchase, utilizing user generated content will help up your conversion rates.

Social media is a great way to expand your reach and get the word out there, but the onus is on you to drive conversions. By having a plan, an understanding of how social media works and utilizing user generated content, you can drive conversions without breaking the bank.

You May Also Like…

3 Ways to Repurpose Content

3 Ways to Repurpose Content

Repurposing content as a small business owner is super important because it will save you time, energy and effort that can be focused somewhere else. However, repurposing content doesn’t simply mean posting the same content verbatim on all platforms. It needs to be...

Making a Good First Impression on Instagram

Making a Good First Impression on Instagram

Big or small, a good IG presence is super important. If you have a small business chances are your customer base is on IG also. Let's face it, people love to scroll, they don't call it social media for nothin'. Having great photos on your IG is a great way to make a...

6 Types of Social Media Your Small Business Should Utilize

6 Types of Social Media Your Small Business Should Utilize

Most people don't realize there are different categories of social media channels. If you were to ask a random person on the street, "What types of social media exist?". They would probably respond with, "Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat and LinkedIn". And they...

Let’s Get Started

Ready To Make a Real Change? Let's Build this Thing Together!

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from the Wildman team.

Success!

Share This